The world is waiting. There are many fun things outdoor, we only need to indulge. If we are outdoor buffs, we need things to enhance our experience and make it worthwhile. The good thing is that there are many free things that we can consider for a successful trip here in Singapore or outside. Let us start by downloading free applications for our smartphone.
Here are some outdoor apps that we should consider:
- Yonder: Yonder is part social network and part destination finder. The good thing about this application is that it gives suggestion, feedback tips and advice to users. The application has a database of more than twenty thousand state, national and local parks as well as other outdoor places. This application is available on both Android and iOS.
- Project Noah: Noah is something different because it lets its users post their encounters with nature. Noah is set to build documentations of organisms. Noah is interactive because it can give users virtual patches that enable users to complete virtual missions. It is available on both Android and iOS.
- gov Camping: There are many Singaporeans who love camping. Recreation.gov Camping can help us look for a campsite. In America, the website simplifies locating and reserving of campsites. The app is not exclusive in America. As long as we type our address, the app can help us reserve sites nearby. This is only available for iOS users.
- MTB Project: This application is for avid mountain bikers. Whether we want to explore a new terrain or memorize the old one, this application is the best one. The application gives users access to map trails over the country. This is only available for iOS and Android users.
- Leafsnap: If we are hiking and we do not know the kind of tree we are looking at, Leafsnap can help us gather information. This application is developed by Columbia university and Smithsonian Institution. The application utilizes GPS location and recognition software. However, this application is only available in New York and Washington D.C.
- GoFlow Sports: This application will give weather updates depending on the sports we consider. For example, we will know if the surf is up. This is only available for Android and iOS.
There are people who do not consider bringing their smartphones or any electronic device whilst outdoor because it can be a distraction. We should not see it this way. We have to understand the role of our smartphone. If we want the traditional things, we can also bring along maps and compass.