Many love to go abroad but they do not know that Lonely Planet announced Singapore as its top travel destination next year. Lonely Planet is a travel company and it published its list of top travel destination for 2015 on October 22, 2014. The top travel destinations were drawn from myriad of ideas contributed by authors, travellers, tweeters and bloggers. The rankings were validated by travel experts based on different factors like value, topicality and excitement.
The Singapore Tourism Board welcomed Lonely Planet’s ranking. According to Lonely Planet, the smallest city-state in Asia will offer a lot of things especially that next year is her Golden Jubilee. The result does not only recognize the state’s tourism efforts but also in the field of heritage, arts, dining and many more. The accolade will serve as Singapore’s motivation for delivering high quality and unique experiences.
Here is the complete list of Lonely Planet’s top travel destination for 2015:
- Namibia: You will be surprised to know that a country in South Africa entered the list of top ten travel destination. Namibia shares borders with Botswana, Angola and Zambia. Namibia is known for its ecotourism. In fact, it is the prime destination in Africa which offers extensive wildlife experience.
- Lithuania: Lithuania is a country in Europe. It is known to be one of the three Baltic States. You should go and see The Hill of Crosses, Kaunas Castle, Trakai Island Castle and many more.
- Nicaragua: Nicaragua is the largest country in Central America. It borders Costa Rica and Honduras. Nicaragua is popular because of the traveller’s increasing interest in biological diversity.
- Ireland: Ireland is an Island in Europe. You will be amazed because Ireland offers at least three world heritage sites like Giant’s Causeway, Bru na Boinne and Skellig Michael. You also need to catch Bunratty Castle.
- Republic of Congo: Congo is in Central Africa. Congo is a tourist destination because it offers steamy jungles. You will see gorillas, elephants, chimpanzees, etc.
- Serbia: Serbia is in Europe. The country offers spas and mountains. Belgrade is the choice of foreign tourists.
- The Philippines: The Philippines is a country in Southeast Asia. It is famous for its beaches since it is an archipelago consisting of 7,107 islands. You should go to Boracay.
- St. Lucia: St. Lucia is an island-state in the east of Caribbean Sea. The state is known for its tropical weather. It offers resorts and beaches.
- Morocco: Morocco is a country in North Africa. Famous destinations include Koutoubia Mosque, Ouzoud Falls, Menara gardens and many more.