For Chinese, the New Year just started. On February 8, 2016, Singaporeans and fellow Chinese around the world officially welcome the New Year. Welcoming the year with a bang is the ideal way to start the year especially with all the fireworks and merriment. Many things happened in 2015 and as you officially close its curtains, you only bring nothing but memories and lessons.
Whatever you encountered in 2015, you only hope that the New Year brings better and brighter life for you and the family. In fact, you are excited to know what lucky colors and numbers you hold this year. That is perfectly normal. It wouldn’t hurt if you know your lucky numbers and colors in the year of the fire monkey. The year of the fire monkey officially started on February 8, 2016 and it will end on January 27, 2017. It is said that people born under the fire monkey will be lucky.
If you are born under this zodiac, here are the things that you need to know this year:
- The big switch: Monkeys are famous for their enthusiasm and because of this they are always well-compensated and highly regarded. This is no surprise. However, for monkeys who are not happy with their current job, it is time that you make changes and enthusiastically move forward. With your passion, you will find something that will work out. Feng Shui experts warn not to trust people easily. Some people will only make deceitful actions especially if they see you are vulnerably. As soon as you grasp that the path is not fruitful, you should try a new one right away to avoid getting stuck to it.
- Lucky colors: According to some experts, there is no particular lucky color for this year. Astrology reports say that bright red, gold and blue are the best colors for this year. This sounds like an interesting combination.
- Lucky direction: The lucky direction points to the west. Experts recommend that you head to the west whatever you do. If you are planning a holiday trip, head to the west. If you are doing something risky or adventurous, go to the west as it can bring a lot of luck and bounty.
- Lucky charm: For this year, the lucky charm is called Bixie or Pi Yao. This is a Chinese mythical creature that appears like a lion with wings. Bixie is known to protect people by driving the bad spirits away. If there is no Bixie around, you can consider any accessories as long as it has a monkey. Apart from that, you have to get something with lucky gems like rock crystal, jade, rose quartz, aquamarine, citrine, garnet and amber.
- Lucky hours: There are particular hours labelled to be lucky depending on the animal sign. For the year of the monkey, lucky hours are from three to five in the afternoon. Monkey hours are favourable hours to begin many things for it will produce good results at the end of the day. Aside from monkeys, snakes, dragons and rats have also lucky hours.
- Lucky numbers: This year, lucky numbers are 4, 6 and 9. Of the three numbers, nine stands out the most because of many things. For one, monkey is the 9th animal in the Chinese zodiac. Another is that it is associated with ambition, adventures and even little mischief – which are good things if used properly.
- Lucky flowers: For the flowers, gentlemen should know what to give to their ladies. This year, lucky flowers include chrysanthemum and crape myrtle. What does it look like? Well, you can just ask the florists and they will do the rest. Do not forget to bring chocolates and some gems too if you really want your girls to feel pampered.
There you go. The compilation will give you an idea of what this year will bring. However, you have to remember that everything will be up to you. Never depend on everything listed here because these are only guides, not guarantees of good fortune. You should know by now that your fortune is entirely up to you and how hard you work for it.
May this year be better and fruitful than the last. Cheers to the year of the monkey!