If we decided to move out from our parent’s house, we have to look for a place. We can either rent or buy but with the current situation of the property market, things are not looking good if we buy a house. In fact, many Singaporeans think that renting a house is more prudent than buying.
Granting that we rent a house, the next thing that we have to consider is the area. What are popular areas for renting a house here in Singapore? Here are some ideas:
- Chinatown: Chinatown is one of the best locations when renting because it is near to most of the main entertainment districts here.
- Geylang: If we are particular about the affordability of condos or flats, we have to consider Geylang. Geylang boasts of affordable condos and flats and the location is close to the city. It does not end there because there are plenty of food establishments around the area.
- Tiong Bahru: We do not consider Tiong Bahru because we think that units are expensive. Though Tiong Bahru is near Robertson Quay areas and Outram, we can still find affordable units.
- East Coast/Bayshore: If we do not mind a slightly long commute to the city, East Coast/Bayshore is an excellent area. This area is famous with expats. The location is near Siglap, East Coast Park and the Changi Business Park.
- Farrer Park/Little India: If our work is near Bras Basah, Bugis or CBD, Farrer Park or Little India is an excellent choice. We can shop at Mustafa often as long as we want because it is quite near.
- West Coast: If we have a work near Biopolis or NUS, West Coast is the place to be. The place is famous for its flock of science and technology workers. The bonus is we can hang out at the popular Holland Village.